Document provided by IHS Licensee=ConocoPhillips WAN/5919206100, User=, 11/19/2003 23:12:38 MST Questions or comments about this message: please call
(A) FOR PLATE QUALIFICATION
1. t in accordance with Tables 5.1 [Item A.2(a)], and 5.2 [Item A.2(a)]. As a minimum, t = s + 1/8 in.
2. L—equal to 12 in. min. for welded performance qualification and for welding procedure qualification.
3. Fillet weld break specimen may be cut in sections to facilitate breaking.
1. Diameter of d selected from Table 5.6 to qualify for production pipe sizes (welder qualification only).
2. Thickness in accordance with Tables 5.1 [Item A.2(a)] and 5.2 [Item A.2(a)] for procedure qualification and Section 5, Part III for performance qualification. As a minimum, t = s + 1/8 in.
3. Surfaces M to be examined for macroetch test. Hardness tests, when required, shall be made on the specimen from the six o'clock position.
Figure 5.8A—Fillet Weld Break and Macroetch Test Specimens
Was this article helpful?