a. Swage Fittings
• Check for any loose, broken, or missing pins or parts.
• Check for fraying of the wire rope pendant where it enters the swage fitting and report any noted.
b. Pendant/Downhaul Cable
• Measure and record the wire diameter.
• Check for fraying, kinking, "birdcag-ing," or rusting of the cable and report any noted. Look for a "necking down" of the wire that may indicate the existence of a corrosion cell.
• Record the amount (in feet) of wire pendant visible between the anchor leg and the point that the pendant enters the bottom.
• Report any evidence of pendant cable movement on the bottom.
• Inspect and record any sign of wire rope pullout at the terminations.
Was this article helpful?