This manual is divided into eight chapters and five appendixes:
• Chapter 1 describes the purpose and scope of the manual, the preparation required before starting a project, and the documentation required upon completion.
• Chapter 2 describes the various underwater work techniques used by the UCTs in carrying out specific inspection, survey, repair, and installation tasks.
• Chapter 3 describes the specific tasks for inspections.
• Chapter 4 describes the specific tasks for site surveys.
• Chapter 5 describes the specific tasks for maintenance and repair.
• Chapter 6 describes the specific tasks for new installation.
• Chapter 7 is a list of references, organized by sections of the manual, which provide additional information on specific subjects.
• Chapter 8 is a glossary of words and phrases commonly used in underwater construction operations.
• Appendix A contains a list of names and addresses of manufacturers and suppliers of equipment and material often used by the UCTs that are not available from Navy sources.
• Appendix B contains technical information useful to UCT personnel.
• Appendix C provides sample site investigation checklists.
• Appendix D provides a discussion of underwater electrical safety.
• Appendix E provides information regarding National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) bathymétrie map products.
Was this article helpful?