• High-volume oxygen regulator
• Oxygen cylinders (obtained at "the site)
• Single-pole, 400-ampere, direct current (DC) safety switch
• Underwater C-type grounding clamp
• 200-ampere minimum DC welding machine
• 12-volt battery (can be used as the ignition source)
• 1/0 welding cables for torch and ground clamp
• 3/8-inch-ID oxygen supply hose from regulator to torch
• Two-way, diver-topside communication system
Before starting cutting operations, clean the metallic surfaces well to facilitate striking of the initial arc and to restart the arc as necessary during the cutting process. The first step is to clean a spot for the ground clamp.
Was this article helpful?