f. Manhole Covers
• Report the number, size, and location of each manhole.
• Report rusting of the covers or bolts. The edges of the covers may show a "delamination" of die steel.
• Check for and report any loose or missing bolts.
• On fiberglass-coated buoys, report whether the manhole covers are fiberglassed or not.
g. Tension Bar
• Check eye for wear and measure its diameter with calipers.
• Measure steel bar thickness.
• Check base plate for cracks, warping, or other damage.
• Record plate thickness.
• Measure and record wire diameter and condition of chain held in place by the retaining plate.
• Check for and report bell mouth rusting or wear.
Was this article helpful?