• AHA Class 1: Definitely Recommended/Useful: Conditions for which there is excellent evidence and/or general agreement that a given procedure or treatment is useful and effective
• AHA Class 2: Conditions for which there is fair to good, but conflicting, evidence and/or a divergence of opinion about the usefulness/efficacy of a procedure or treatment
• AHA Class 2A: Probably Useful: Weight of evidence/opinion is in favor of usefulness/efficacy
• AHA Class 2B: Possibly Useful: Usefulness/efficacy is less well established by evidence/opinion
• AHA Class 3: Possibly Harmful: Conditions for which there is evidence and/or general agreement that the procedure/treatment is not useful/effective and in some cases may be harmful
• AHA Class Indeterminate:
Preliminary evidence good but insufficient to allow recommendation
Was this article helpful?